Re: Why new leaf springs may be a waste

To: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Subject: Re: Why new leaf springs may be a waste
From: Susan and John Roper <vscjohn@iamerica.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 11:06:16 -0500
Re: the question about different LSd's.  I have recent experience with the
Quaife
in both a TR8 road race car and an MGB solo car.  Quaife is really nice if your
suspension is properly set so that you do not pick a rear wheel off the ground.
If you pick up a wheel the Quaife will let the airborne wheel spin.  You never
feel it.  It does not upset the car like a locker, doesn't make the car push,
and
you car still push it around in the pits.  A locker can be effective in some
situations, but will upset the car when it locks and will make it push.  i hear
bad things about the Auburn cone types that are in the late Mustangs, mostly
from
Mustang racers.  John