Yet another MGA tonneau question

Subject: Yet another MGA tonneau question
From: "Dave Ahrendt" <ahrendt@agfa.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 07:59:03 -0400
Hi all,

    All this talk about tonneau covers has prompted me to ask
a question...

    Does anyone know if the "older" style of tonneau as supposedly
used in 1500s is still available?  This is the style which has LTDs
on the doors and has a pocket for the steering wheel.  My recently
acquired '59 has the LTDs already mounted but no tonneau.  The
tonneau for my '61 1600 is too narrow to engage the door LTDs.
The LTDs around the rear of the cockpit appear to match up.

    I don't have the book with me here at work but Clausagers
book has a page which shows the two styles.

    None of the standard players catalogs seems to show any
style of tonneau except for the 1600.  I suppose I could get
one custom made but that seems expensive if they are
actually available.

Regards,

    Dave
    '46 MG-TC  (No problems)