A different coil question.

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: A different coil question.
From: Dan Borrego <rdb@hooked.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 10:45:10 -0700
My 77B's coil gets hot after running for about five minutes. Not just a
very warm temp, but more of a too hot to touch temperature. Is this normal?
I'm wondering if the coil might be bad, or going bad.
The previous owner had the electronic ignition in the distributor replaced
(I suppose the original was giving him some problem). Could the coil simply
be hooked up incorrectly?
The car hasn't given me any problems yet, and I'd like to straighten out
this situation before I get stranded on a road trip. If anybody on the list
has had to deal with this (or knows how to), I would welcome your thoughts
or comments.
Thanks,
Dan