OVERDRIVE WIRING / CLUTCH FORK BUSH

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net (Receipt Notification Requested) (IPM Return Requested)
Subject: OVERDRIVE WIRING / CLUTCH FORK BUSH
From: William G Abbott <william.g.abbott#064#boeing.com@mail.mdc.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 14:08:10 -0700
I have a 74 1/2 RB non overdrive. I have a 77B side fill O/D unit to install.
can anyone describe to me the routing, color and connections
of the wires as they start under the hood and proceed through the reverse light
switch
the 3/4 switch, gear switch and finally down to the solenoid?  I don't have
a wiring diagram.  I think this is the route can someone tell me if this is
right.
Power comes down the through the yellow wire in the loom aft of the
coil under the hood.  from there it has to go through
the reverse switch from there through the 3/4 switch and finally through
the gear handle switch down to the solenoid on the bottom of the unit.
The only wires I have are the gear switch wires, one red and one black.
I want to fuse the circuit from the engine compartment aft.
What type of fuse is needed and what is the best way to wire this thing.
I don't want to use the windshield switch.  I would rather use the gear shift
mounted switch.  Next question.  How mush slop is excessive
when it comes to clutch fork bushings?
BILL