Ignition switch - help.

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Ignition switch - help.
From: Matt Kulka <Matt.Kulka@hboc.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 15:46:37 -0400
I was so proud of my little '74 MGB back on the road with the big cars -
even if it was only driving at break-in speeds.  And then Murphy struck.

I was zooming out of the office heading for a home-cooked meal.  I
pulled back the tonneau, jumped into the car, pushed the key in, turned
it, and...  and... and nothing.  Not even a click from the ignition
switch.  Whatever marriage the keylock had with the actual switch was no
more.  Armed with two scredrivers and some paperclips I took the column
apart in the parking lot, ready to jump a few terminals.  In a moment of
divine inspiration, I realized I could remove the switch unit itself
from the keylock, and use a screwdriver to turn the switch.  That worked
quite nicely, and the new switch arrived late last week.

So last night I finally got a chance to put the new switch in.  If
you've done this before then you probably guessed that in the flurry of
dismantling, I lost that little itty bitty setscrew which screws up into
the bottom of the switch, and holds it into the column.

Rather than have to make another mail order, can anyone tell me what
size that screw was, or where in the car there's another just like it so
I can match it up at a local shop?  (And no, I still haven't found a
single MG-equipped junkyard in Charlotte, NC.  It's a strange place.)

Rats, and thanks.

Matt Kulka
'74 B - with a key that won't fit on my ring.