Fuel tank removal, 77 Midget

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Fuel tank removal, 77 Midget
From: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 21:48:57 -0400
Is the fuel outlet line from the fuel tank a Whitworth
size?  None of my standard flare nut wrenches fit correctly
on the flare nut that is on the fuel line at the gas tank.
The closest is a 9/16" which is too small, and the 5/8" is too large.
I have sprayed the nut with liquid wrench to help loosen the
nut.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get this nut
loose.  I need to clean out my tank.  I figured I would ask
here before I bugger up the nut.  I guess I could apply a large
set of pliers, but I would only want to do that as a last resort.

Thanks,

-----
Bill Gilroy
wmgilroy@lucent.com