Re: 72 midget, 1275 ribcase, changing oil

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: 72 midget, 1275 ribcase, changing oil
From: PLM97@aol.com
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 16:38:34 EDT
<<How do I change and or check the oil in my tranny, and do I use 20w 50?>>

Filler plug is located near gearshift, under carpet on drivers side to the
right of and below the hood release.  I have to use an angled rachet to get it
unscrewed.  Drain plug is underneath car.  I can usually get at it without
putting car on ramps or jack stands, by just pulling front wheels into garage,
although it is very tight.  I use Castrol 20w50 synthetic, with a funnel and
small section of hose attached to fill.
Putting the filler plug back into the small, angled space is the toughest part
for me.

P. Haase
74 Midget