engine dies

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: engine dies
From: "Arts Council" <artscape@clas.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 13:04:32 -0700
I have a 1971 MGB, that until now has been a good runner. Recently it
started dying when left to idle for more than a few minutes and
occasionally (once or twice a day!) dying when reaching speeds in excess of
around 50 mph. I can always restart the car immediately, but I don't know
how long my luck will hold out. I replaced the fuel filter, but that didn't
help.  I have had suggestions including, the coil, the fuel pump, or even
just the ground. Please help!!!!!!! It is my daily driver. And I don't want
to replace everything until I get it right.

Thank you,
Daniel North
71 MGB, BRG (owned for 5 months)