RE: Age, Treachery, and metal fatigue -Reply

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Age, Treachery, and metal fatigue -Reply
From: Bill Eastman <william.eastman@medtronic.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 08:38:35 -0500
>>> Phil Vanner <pvanner@pclink.com> 08/20/98 03:44pm >>>
Bill, Bill, Bill
What are we going to do with you? If you can't take care of your toys you
won't be allowed to keep them...

And here's the guy who goes on about what a great car the MGA is.
Not even 40 years old and the thing snaps off in your hand - what a
rip-off. >>>>

Phil,

I feel terrible of course.  The MGA has given me nothing but companionship
and dedicated service.  All that is asks for is a little maintenance (well,
new rings, rods, and syncros may be above the "little" level but what the
heck).  How do I choose to repay her?  By slapping her shift lever around
like a racquet ball.

Actually, here is my theory.  I have been ignoring the A for a little over
a week after returning from Canada while I caught up on domestic
obligations and T.H. White.  List members with a memory will recall that a
few posts ago I predicted that the A would bet back at me for this neglect
by breaking something.  It is cruel justice that she has chosen a part that
implicates me not only for neglect but for being abusive as well.

I promise to be more attentive and gentle in the future.

Regards,
Bill Eastman
61 MGA once again holding the upper hand in our relationship