Re: Anti Theft Devices

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Anti Theft Devices
From: Nory@webtv.net (Nory)
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 10:52:20 -0400 (EDT)
How did that guy rig his coil to give a 20,000 volt jolt to anyone
tampering with his car?  I think I'd like to do that to my truck.

After a particularly rough night on the graveyard shift, I came out of
work this morning to find that someone had smashed in a window on the
Ranger and rifled through my glove box, and any other parts of the truck
they could reach from the window.  The only thing missing -get this- was
my nearly full trash bag.  Yes, somebody smashed my window and stole a
bagful of used kleenex and candy wrappers!  I guess they didn't like my
taste in music, since all the cassettes are still there.  They even left
the wallet with my license and registration in it.  I can't imagine what
they thought was in that bag that they took, but I would have loved to
have seen the crook's face when he realized what he stole.  Fortunately,
I don't leave valuables in the truck; one hour this morning at the auto
glass place (insurance will pay), and 5 minutes spent with the heavy
duty vac at the car wash, and everything is back as it was.

But I'm still PISSED OFF!!!!  I feel so VIOLATED!!   I want that 20,000
volt burglar alarm!!  I don't care if it's illegal!!

Phew - I feel better.  Thanks for letting me vent, gang.

-NORY

Don't assume that because you have found one problem, you have found the
ONLY problem.

 '71 5-speed Midget (my new baby)
 '74 Midget & '71 parts car
 '94 Ford Ranger