Leaking Gas 1500 Midget

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>, "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Leaking Gas 1500 Midget
From: "mike cook" <mpcook@highaltitude.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 19:07:04 -0600
I've got an intermittent problem with my 79 Midget.  I've got raw gas
leaking from somewhere in the engine compartment when the engine is running.
I can't see where it's coming from.  I brought the car to my mechanic.  And
naturally, there was no leak when he started it and ran it for a while.  I
drove it around, then home.  Next time I started it, the leak was back.  The
mechanic thinks it might have been a stuck needle.  If that's the case,
anyone have any idea what causes that to happen.  And anyone have any other
ideas on what might cause this leak and what to look for the next time it
happens.
Thanks
Mike

'79 MG Midget