Re: Sticky First Gear

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Sticky First Gear
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 15:34:08 +0000
Eric Erickson wrote:

> Recently when sitting at traffic lights (in first gear, clutch in
> and foot on the brake) I released the brake and felt a definite
> creep forward - yes, on the flat.  When I pulled the gear stick back
> into neutral (yes, clutch still in) there was a definite effort
> involved. Putting it back into first again this "grab" was not
> there... until next time.

Thanks to all for the responses.  As always, I bow to the consensus of
my group of a few hundred *expert* advisors on this list and it looks
like I will be attacking brake master/slave cylinders to rectify this.

Wow.. this list is like having a HUGE, living and breathing, electronic
workshop oracle.  You just have to ask the right question and the answer
simply appears.

Now.... where is that "finding the perfect woaman" list...?

Eric