Re: Boy. i'm torqued!

To: Dan Pockrus <dpockrus@efficient.com>
Subject: Re: Boy. i'm torqued!
From: neil.cairns@virgin.net
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 06:32:25 -0700
Yes, all are lbs per foot, or lb.ft. The 4 is also correct, and is the
MAIN problem for the side covers leaking, ( left over design from the
Austin 10/12hp sidevalve engine tappet adjustment covers. Older engines
had cork gaskets, 12V and 18V use better neoprene rubber gaskets, (
often red in colour.) I must confess I do mine up tighter, but only to
about 8.

Note, there must be a FIBRE washer under the bolt head, or on later
engines, a black rubber seal....or it leakes.

Neil.