frustrated probably very long

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: frustrated probably very long
From: "Willy Durinx" <DurinxW@mail.dma.be>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 12:07:53 +0200
Dear Ross,

Sounds you have the same problem as I had after disassembling my 73 B. Got
the electrics out in a flurry of activity ( I 've got the Haynes and the
Bentley's manual, so what?).
After a few weeks, put the thing together, nothing happens after
ignition.More work: very satisfying backfire, but it's New Year, so it
blends well with the fireworks.
To make a very long story short, the PO had work done on the engine, and
apparently the mechanic mount the distributor driveshaft in the engine 180°
turned.  So, the distributor sits almost upside down, and the leads go to
different plugs.

Willy Durinx
Antwerp,Belgium
73 BGT