Hammer time

To: "BAMG Club" <Mymgmidget@aol.com;>, "MG LIST" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Hammer time
From: "RossOvercash" <jroverca@tiac.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 13:25:51 -0400
Well the darn car won't start.  After asking what ended up to be a stupid
question yesterday, I installed the dizzy, set the static timing tightened
everything up, checked to be sure I had fuel to the carbs, plenty of juice
in the batteries, oh yes there is spark too!!  Just no fire.  I do get the
weakest excuse for a back fire every once in a while, it's more of a pftttt
than a PFTTTTT and no popping sound like a normal back fire.  Breathers are
off.  I have never had this much trouble with this car, since the day I
bought it 12 years ago...

So again this is a 74B the dizzy is in correctly, static timing set
according to Bently (I have done this many times with succes)fuel apparantly
going to carbs all the wayt to cylindars (plugs are wet ant smell like gas
when pulled.  Spark at plugs but no fire.  Any body have an idea?  I am
seriously frustrated by this at this point.  So any and all suggestions will
be appreciated.

Safety Fast!!

Ross Overcash, 74B, NAMGBR 2-1172, Ayer, MA
http://www.tiac.net/users/jroverca/index.htm