Re:Marina Crank Shafts?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re:Marina Crank Shafts?
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 08:37:58 -0600
>Hello Neil.  I have a 73 Austin Marina in my back yard.  You say the crank is
>casted.
>Well tell me about the polit bushing size.  It has a tr7 tranny bolted to it.
>(4speed)
>Is the hole smaller than a 5 main B tranny.  What does your manual say.  Does
>it use a oversize ploit bushing?  John  Flintstone, ga

The Austin Marina pilot bushing is considerably smaller than the MG.

When I bought my 71BGT, I knew that something did not look right with the
engine (I still don't know what since it was an 18V engine). I found out it
was a Marina engine. I have since replaced the engine as well as the
transmission (put in an o/d unit).

The DPO altered the pilot shaft itself to fit into the pilot shaft bushing.
I still have the part - they took it off the MG transmission and had the
top 1" ground down to fit into the smaller pilot bushing on the crankshaft.
Its a little rusty since I've been carrying it around for 10+ years now.
Its more of a paperweight. But if anyone really needs it, I'll be glad to
part with it.

I still have the Marina head on my BGT (with another spare MG head in the
garage). It has some extra tubing plugged off - an extra coolant line?
Still pretty similar to the MG parts since its all part of the 18V engine
series.
David
71 BGT