Hammer Time---NOT!!

To: "BAMG Club" <Mymgmidget@aol.com;>, "MG LIST" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Hammer Time---NOT!!
From: "RossOvercash" <jroverca@tiac.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 10:52:49 -0400
Well folks it runs, actually growls like it always has!!

This AM (about a hour ago) I went out checked the spark at the points, nice
and blue.  Changed the dizzy cap and put the original wires on in the
factory 1342 starting at 2 oclock counterclockwise order. NADA.  Scott Hower
suggested that I move the wires two terminals counter clockwise, in other
words place the number 1 wire at 8 0'clock (180 out).

I did this sprayed some starter fluid in the carbs and ba ba ba boom we had
ignition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  As
you can see I'm happy:)

Took a short drive to put air in tires and then just a quick run to see how
it sounds.  Looking good!!  I have a few odds and ends to check out before I
go get it inspected, be sure all the electrics work properly etc.  So in a
few days I will be completly legal again!!

Thanks to one and all who offered the wisdom of their experiences.  I would
have been screwed, blued and tatooed if it weren't for the great and
wonderful folks on this list!!

Safety Fast!!

Ross Overcash, 74B, NAMGBR 2-1172, Ayer, MA
http://www.tiac.net/users/jroverca/index.htm