Re. "Modern" Improvements for the MGB

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re. "Modern" Improvements for the MGB
From: Jurgen Hartwig <gt0003a@prism.gatech.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 16:00:03 -0400 (EDT)
>I agree with Paul, the MGB EFI system is prolly big $$$, however, EFI on
an MSX head is something I've considered.  Seems as a certain SCCA class
that I'm interested in states that stock _block_ must be used, other
mods free.  Think of a race prepped 'B engine with an MSX head and
fuel injection.  This is an idea for an evolutionary 'B, as the next
step up in class allows the car to run with any engine block that
was stock in any of the manufacturer's product.  Insert big grin
here.

I know of a few companies that sell aftermarket fuel injection kit.  I've
seen prices for anywhere as cheap as $750 to upwards of $2k for bolt-on
setups.  It appears that there is very little demand for such a setup for
the MGs, since they are readily avaiable for older VWs and Porsches.  I
indeed think a crossflow head and  good exhaust, coupled with good
ignition
and fuel injection would make for a really great B, but who is interested
in such a proposition when the braking and suspension are so woefully
inadept.

Of course, I'm of those in the small crowd who think the Rover V8 is the
only way to go for that EXTRA punch.

Jay

--
Jurgen Hartwig
uucp:     ...!{decvax,hplabs,ncar,purdue,rutgers}!gatech!prism!gt0003a