Re: Weekday Repost

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Weekday Repost
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 15:59:18 -0600

>One more time,
>
>Pardon me for those of you who read this already, but I posted it on
>Saturday and have seen very few responses, so I thought I may get more
>response during the week.

I can throw in a few comments. The first MGB I purchased was a 65. It ran
at 40 psi and the oil pressure at idle was 10. But it ran fine outside of
that.

This was during my college days at the University of Nebraska. Soon after
that, I had made friends with a couple of other B owners. One of them,
after seeing my car, made the comment that it sounded like my rod bearings
were going bad (just from the engine sound at idle).

I had tried a few tricks like replacing the relief valve spring without
success. I would have just kept driving it but I finally went ahead and did
my first ever engine overhaul so I could drive to Texas safely.

So on that thought, I wouldn't worry about the low oil pressure if its just
short trips.

As far as the other stuck engine - you could remove the head and get a
closer look at the cylinders. But if the engine is frozen, I think you
won't be able to tell anything until you start to disassemble the engine.

David
now a 71BGT