JOKE.....and ancestory.

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: JOKE.....and ancestory.
From: neil.cairns@virgin.net
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 1998 11:01:56 -0700
This one appears in the September issue of the UK MGOC magazine,
'Enjoying MG'.( Very good quality magazine, but I am biased!)

Ex pat Geoff Wheatley lives in North America and recounts the story of
an Englishman on a train when an American passenger tried to needle
him....." You English are far too stuffy, you set yourselves apart too
much, you think your stiff upper lip makes you better than the rest of
us. Now look at me, I am an American but I have Italian blood, French
blood, Indian and Swedish blood, what do you think of that?"

Our Englishman replied, " How terribly sporting of your mother".

( Just a comment, the English are probably one of the most bastardised
mixture of races in the world, [ ignoring those who settled in the
'colonies' and bred,] as we have throughout history German, Austrain,
Nordic, Saxon, Dane, Roman, Celtic, Irish, Scots, Welsh, and more
recently Italian, Pakistani, Indian, many African races, all mixed in. I
am a mixture over the last 6 generations of MAINLY SCOTS, with Irish,
Welsh, English, and Norwegian parents.Is there such a thing as an "
Englishman??")