Low Oil Pressure

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Low Oil Pressure
From: "William L. Singleton" <singleton@ccsu.edu>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 12:29:41 -0600 (MDT)
Folks,

Last weekm the oil line to the pressure sensor gave up the ghost on my '77B
and began leaking oil all over the place (It is really amazing how much of
a mess a little oil can make!)  At the same time, my oil pressure readings
dropped singificantly.  I didn't think too much of this when I learned the
nature of the oil leak until I noticed that the pressure is still
registering very low.  It reads about 5 psi at idle, 25 at 2500 RPM and as
much as 35 at 3000-3500 RPM.  The car has always registered low in the year
+ I have owned it, but low means 50 psi at 3000 and a minimum of about 15
psi at idle.

Am I correct in thinking that there could still be some bits of the old
hose in or around the sensor causing a low reading, or am I in for a more
serious problem.  What course(s) of action are recommended.

Thanks.

Bill Singleton

'77 MGB