MGB Brake Master Cylinder Dissassemble

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MGB Brake Master Cylinder Dissassemble
From: Hicks <hicks@mohawk.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 19:18:42 -0400
More tech assistance, please.

I would like to rebuild my brake master cylinder, the tandem type -
without built in sensor. The Haynes manual calls for the removal of a
white plastic bushing just after the outer spring and circlip are
removed. The books suggests moving the main piston to loosen the
bushing. There is some rust which I have cleaned out, but see no way to
get any leverage on this white plastic bushing. Any suggestions? I have
ordered a rebuild kit from Moss. Does anyone know if this bush is
included, in which case I can break it out.

Thanks as always, don't think I would take on this project without the
assurance of tech help from the list.

Don Hicks
Connecticut
70 BGT " Morris"