Re: Postage to BMIHT

To: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison), bkrueger@ici.net
Subject: Re: Postage to BMIHT
From: Carol <car@intersatx.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 1998 10:05:53 -0500
Hey, Guys...

We're paying (too much) for an incredible service out there...! It's the
web site for the United States Postal Service. Too bad USPS service isn't
as usable as its site. I've used usps.com for a couple of years, and it's
one of the more infomative sites on the www...

http://www.usps.com

Lotsa' information there. And then it led me to

http://ircalc.usps.gov/

where I learned that it costs $1.00 to send an Air Mail post weighing no
more than one ounce to Great Britain. (Rick, methinks you have been lucky!)

The following line is a direct copy from the site:

Airmail   4 - 7 Days  $1.00  Max. length 24", max. length plus girth 36"

HTH.....(and I had fun looking to see if the info was available there....)

Carol

PS Congratulations on the new acquisition, Bud!

At 11:31 PM 8/31/98 EDT, Rick Morrison wrote:

>Bud,
> All the Air Mail I've ever sent to the UK, I've just put two first class
>stamps on it, marked it air mail and dropped it in the box.
> I figured that the odd few cents less postage I'd save wasn't worth the
>trip to the post office.
> I've never had one returned yet!

>Rick Morrison

...snip