Re: MGB Brake Master Cylinder Dissassemble

To: Hicks <hicks@mohawk.net>, Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Subject: Re: MGB Brake Master Cylinder Dissassemble
From: "Chris Fiddes" <cfiddes@direct.ca>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 13:44:57 -0700
FWIW,

The bush was included in my rebuild kit.

I took a metal clothes hanger, snipped off two six to eight inch
lengths and used pliers to form a tiny little hook in one end of each
piece. I then grabbed my propane torch and got the hook red-hot
and carefully inserted into one side of the bush.  Hold for about
thirty seconds while the plastic set up - I could see the melted
plastic turn from transparent back to milky white.  Repeat with
second hook on the other side of the bush and "Voila" - instant
handles.  A little judicious pulling and twisting with the MC in a soft
vice and the annoying white bush popped right out.  Of course,
you must be careful not to drag the metal hanger against the bore
of the cylinder.

This method was suggested by my local MG mechanic when I
called cursing and swearing about the same thing.

Good Luck.
Chris.