Carbs- -and other things

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Carbs- -and other things
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 1998 06:32:26 EDT
Some of you may recall that i have had ongoing problems with the HIFs on
my 72 - well, i finally took the time to take the car to "the oracle",
Bob Wanta in Milford CT.
It makes you realize how little you know when you watch someone like Bob
in action -
he found the 5 OR 6 (!) leaks in the manifolds that i had missed(and
shouldnt have), replaced the incorrect plugs that i had put in in
ignorance,  adjusted the valves that i hadnt got to for a year or so and
set the carbs properly as opposed to the cock up i had apparently made of
them! - result............smooth as a babys bum - or at least as smooth
as its going to get!! Thanks Bob!

Just in case anyone ISN'T certain that our cars know whats going on....A
prospective buyer wanted to see the car yesterday  - so i took it down to
him, about 2 miles from his place, the tach, temp and fuel guages plus
both turn signals went dead - no noise, no puff of smoke, just not
working...........showed the guy the car and chatted a little, he said he
would let me know (he probably wont) and off i went - after about 10
minutes - the tach starts to work, guages and sgnals came back and have
worked just fine ever since (120 miles since then) - I guess she doesnt
want to be sold!!

Took the Riley for a new exhaust, and tomorrow it will go for inspection
- watch this space

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT