Re: Is there an Online Web catalogue of MG spare out there somewhere?

To: Matthew Hearne <MHearne@aspenplc.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Is there an Online Web catalogue of MG spare out there somewhere?
From: Rich Mason <rmason@ro.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 10:34:06 -0500
At 04:02 PM 9/3/98 +0100, Matthew Hearne wrote:
>I am looking for anyone who can tell me if there is a web site with an
>online catalogue or MG spares and accessories.
>I would also like to know if people out there think that this is a good
>idea for one to be created, and would MG owners find such a site a help?

Matt-

I think the only problem I forsee is that of part numbering.  Every vendor
has their own numbering scheme, so each supplier's catalog uses their part
number.  What would you propose using?

As an example of what's available - MOSS publishes their catalog in Adobe
acrobat format, and makes it available for download, along with the price
list.  While I agree that there's always room for improvement - it's pretty
good as it is (and you don't have to depend on a good connection to the web
- once you download it, that is!)  :)

In my opinion - a cross reference list of the major supplier part numbers
might be a more useful tool to develop.

If you want to download the MOSS catalog - check here:

http://www.mossmotors.com/

Regards,

Rich Mason
'73 MGB