Re: MG Siting in PA

To: "Larry Macy" <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>,
Subject: Re: MG Siting in PA
From: "Kai Radicke" <mowogmg@pil.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 18:49:35 -0400
I too saw a few LBCs over the weekend :)

This is of south eastern PA relevance.

Anyhow, I figured I'd let everyone know of a decent (IMHO) restoration
project.  Its supposedly a '66 (I didn't spend enough time looking to verify
this, but it certainly had nothing to suggest it wasn't).  It is sitting in
front of an Antique Furniture dealer on Route 413 near Buckingham.

The story of it is that the chap bought it for his son as a college car,
well it never got done... the engine is in pieces some interior work was
done, etc.  Pretty serious MG Cancer, along the usually rust prone areas!
His asking price was $1000... if you want an early car, maybe it is worth
spending that much.  I wouldn't.

After I checked to make sure it didn't have an OD I just threw the tarp back
on...

Don't have a number or anything of that sort.  And the business sign just
said "ANTIQUE STORE."  If you're driving south on that part of 413 you'll
cross the Railroad and shortly after will see the antiques store on your
right.

Now for a bit of offtopicness.  I failed my permit test (I finally went).
However I am convinced I didn't make any errors, mainly because the first
question was:

 "what state are you taking this in."

a. New Jersey
b. Pennsylvania
c. Delaware
d. California

I of course do push B, on the touch screen, and I'm greeted with the
computer generated response "INCORRECT.  The correct answer is B,
Pennsylvania."  I know this happened on another question I answered as well.
IMHO, the PA DMV TouchScreens are highly inaccurate or the person before me
had very dirty hands.  Instructor didn't care much for my story, and just
told me to come back... so I will when I have time.  And yes, I can't
remember your name right now, I did get all off the controlled substances
questions correct... :)

Cheers,

--
Kai Radicke -- kai@autojumble.net