MG's on the green in NC (was: Re: MG 1100s and 1300s)

To: "Rick Morrison" <gofastmg@juno.com>
Subject: MG's on the green in NC (was: Re: MG 1100s and 1300s)
From: "Mike Lishego" <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 01:24:46 -0400
    Thanks Rick, I appreciate your help...Any chance you'll be going?  I'd
like to meet a few listers there, if possible...And it would make a nice
"coming out" party for my MGB.  Oh yeah, get this one folks - the MGB will
be making a return to a road near you very soon!  My father is having
problems with his car, so I decided to push the MG's return up a few months.
I'll probably go home and get those wheel bearings fixed and let my dad
drive it for a few weeks.  Then, if he experiences no serious problems,
bring the car down to college in the middle of October.  I'm excited!

    But one question:  When my car warms up, the oil pressure is pretty
low - maybe 20 or so.  There's no knocking or burning of the oil, but it
needs changed desperately.  What are the chances of me hosing the engine
within the next couple thousand miles?  Will an oil change give me better
readings?  FWIW, the car is a '74 'B with about 71,000 on the clock and no
major engine work to date.  Any experiences will be appreciated!

Michael S. Lishego
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/3706/