Re: Choke Knob Location f/77

To: "Bud Krueger" <bkrueger@ici.net>
Subject: Re: Choke Knob Location f/77
From: "Scott McKorkle" <bmc@aa.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 08:59:43 -0700
Bud,

To the best of my knowledge, the standard T-handle choke cable does lock in
position as supplied.  The one on my car is from a ~1973 B and locks.  What
you would want to verify is that the cable comes with the ring that mounts
in the dashboard.  I am pretty sure you will need this ring to mount the
cable (and provide the proper friction for locking it open).  The catalog
I'm looking at right now is unclear if this ring is supplied with the
cable.

I'm sure someone out there has retrofit a locking choke cable onto their
newer B and can describe the required pieces.  Anyone??

Regards,
Scott McKorkle
1978 MGB

----------
> From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
> To: Scott McKorkle <bmc@aa.net>
> Cc: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
> Subject: Re: Choke Knob Location f/77
> Date: Wednesday, September 09, 1998 7:09 PM
>
> Hi Scott,
>
>     Thanks.  The one in my '77 is not a T-handle, it's a round knob and
in a
> poor location.  I'll probably relocate the control to the spot now
occupied by
> the dimmer control.  Did the standard MGB T-handle choke controls lock in
> position?
>
> Bud Krueger
>
> Scott McKorkle wrote:
>
> > Bud,
> >
> > My car's at home and I'm at work, so I can't look at it right now...
but I