Re: MGA 1600 - fitting an electronic ignition

To: "M. W. Jordan, Jr." <mw_jordan@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: MGA 1600 - fitting an electronic ignition
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 21:46:59
At 07:46 PM 9/10/98 -0400, M. W. Jordan, Jr. wrote:
>An unhealthy, irrational fear (or complete lack of understanding or
comfort level on setting them) of points and condensers is prompting me to
consider going to some sort of electronic ignition on my 1960 MGA 1600.

In my case, an unhealthy, irrational fear (or complete lack of
understanding or comfort level on diagnosing failures) of electronic
ignition is prompting me to continue going with points and condenser
ignition on my 1958 MGA 1500.  Besides, the spares are a whole lot cheaper,
smaller, and easier to pack for the road.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude