Turn signal problems

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Turn signal problems
From: Chris Rogers <TravelMW@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 10:03:10 -0500
I recently acquired my first MG, a 65B and having a blast with it. Bought it on
impulse, probably paid too much, more rust than I thought, but live and learn.
Getting a few minor bugs out to keep it driving until the snow flies. None of
the dash lights work, so first job has been with a point file and emory paper to
re-earth everything. Problem is with the turn signals. Have installed
replacement unit, and wiring according to diagram is correct, but in the testing
process and working to get the dash indicators to work, the flasher keeps
burning out. (At least something cheap and available at the corner parts store
for this car.)
Just before the flasher dies, the fuel gauge begins needle swings from full to
empty in unison with the flasher interval. Flasher says that it should be fused
between itself and the supply main fuse panel. I have a line fuse I can install.
Is this part of the problem? Any other suggestions?