Some things weren't meant to be

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Some things weren't meant to be
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 21:07:37 EDT
Despite soccer games at 8 am and noon, I managed to get the Riley on a
lift this morning to do a bit of greasing prior to its inagural run to
the CT Triu**h show tomorrow, all went well and when i left it "up there"
at 11.40 i thought my friend(who owns the lift) said "Be back by 4, i
have to go out"....I got back at three ish and and the place is locked up
tight - note from my friend "waited until 2.30 but i had to leave for
Annapolis"(im guessing he said "before 2" and not "by four")
The car is safe, sound, warm, dry and six feet in the air...... but it
isnt going anywhere tomorrow so i guess i'll just have to show these
Tr***ph people what a REAL car looks like!
I did get an excellent Riley RM book that Neil Cairns recommended- its
very like a Clausager book in terms of content and style. Havnt read all
of it yet but it did tell me that my Riley is one of only 38 total cars
of its type (2.5l RMF)imported into the U.S. -
2 in 52 and 36 in 53 Thereafter they stopped bothering altogether!

 I got it from a place called "Classic Motorbooks" who sent me a
catalogue - there is every conceivable book you could want on every
marque and restoration subject you can think of (for example, they have a
book on how to restore Ploughs and planting implements!)  - its worth
getting the catalogue.
Tel 1-800-826-6600, fax - 1-715-294-4448

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT
53 Riley