Help-Exhaust System

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Help-Exhaust System
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 20:15:47 -0700
A little help, please, if you will:

    Found a way around the botched wiring on the 'new' 77B so that I had stop
lights, turn signals, etc., so I ventured out on the roads today.  In a short
while the throaty rumble from the exhaust became a smelly roar from underneath.
The intermediate pipe, between the exhaust pipe and the muffler, is virtually
broken in two.  Please recall that a PO has retrofitted the car with a pair of
HS4's with no smog stuff in sight.  It also appears that the brake system has
been retrofitted to a single line system without booster.  Back to the exhaust:
the header does not have two outlets, rather it's a single pipe.  Again, my goal
is to turn the B into a very reliable commuting machine.  The entire exhaust
system is probably ready to go belly up.  What you folks suggest that I consider
for a replacement?  My druthers would be for something in stainless, but I don't
want to give up the HS4's.  What's the wisdom's thoughts about the Peco system?
I'd like to get this done very quickly since I'm now ready to go for a Mass. RMV
inspection sticker.  Fortunately, in Massachusetts it is not necessary for
vehicles more than fifteen years old to have to pass emissions tests.  TIA.

Bud Krueger