Can there ever be an MG again?

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Can there ever be an MG again?
From: "Feldman, Jack (Jack)" <jack@lucent.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 13:57:11 -0500
Reading AutoWeek over the weekend confirmed that BMW is going to produce a
car badge Austin Healey (I'll believer it when I see it). In thinking about
it I realized one of the reasons I don't like the MGF. Remember, I didn't
knock it until I sat in one.

Can there be a Healey without Donald and Geoff? Can there be an MG without
the crew that sweated and bled for the cars?

Our cars were a product of the times, and the men (apologies to Pat Moss),
and machinery that came out of those times. Putting a badge on the car
doesn't automatically give it a place in the lineage, especially years after
the continuity has been broken. Would there have been an MGF if there hadn't
been a Miata? I think the F is a lot more Miata then B.

Jack