Lake George, great weekend, bragging

Subject: Lake George, great weekend, bragging
From: Steve Bettencourt <steveb5815@edgenet.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 10:00:40 -0500
Hi All,

I just had to brag about my great weekend driving the B to Lake George
Village, NY for the Adirondack Nationals Car Show. I didn't enter the B in
the show but went to look and to spend some quality time with my S.O. The
weather was fantastic all 3 days.

The car ran great and the Zenith carb didn't give a bit of trouble. It also
has a Pertronix unit and before the trip I installed new u-joints, hoses
and water pump. It's no powerhouse but I want dependability. If I want fast
I have the Chevelle and the T-bucket. It also got 25+ MPG on the highway
runs which was better than I expected.

Friday and Saturday was great for top down cruising south into Glens Falls
and north to Bolton Landing. Spotted a nice black '58 MGA. There were
mostly hot rods and muscle cars driving around the area so the guy at the
gas station was really surprised when I pulled up in the B. Even so there
were a few local Triumphs and one other RBB with body colored bumpers.

The only problem happened on the way home when I reset the trip meter (gas
gauge) at speed on the highway and the little gear must have stripped
because it only went to .5 miles and stopped. Oh well, now I'll have to
replace the real gas gauge sending unit.

Steve Bettencourt
'79 MGB - '89 T10 Blazer
Steve's HotRod World
http://www3.edgenet.net/CruizinRI