Re: Door Mldg. / Window Seal Removal?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Door Mldg. / Window Seal Removal?
From: John Hunt <johnhunt@ece.ogi.edu>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 12:35:43 -0700 (PDT)
Fred:

The window seal is held to the door skin with a row of
pop rivets.  If you take off the padded trim piece from the
interior (the thing you rest your arm on) you can see the
rivets through the window glass.

To replace the window seal you need to remove the interior
door panel, remove the window regulator and pull out the glass.

Then you drill out the old rivets (1/8" dia. drill) and use
a pop rivet tool to put in the new seal.  The tool and rivets
are available at most hardware stores and they should set you
back about $15.

What takes me the most time in this operation is getting
the window regulator back in place.  It is a good opportunity
to clean it up and lubricate it.

John Hunt
Portland, Or.
'68B