Re: The perfect modern MG

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: The perfect modern MG
From: BobMGT@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 00:08:32 EDT
karim.marouf@cancom.com writes:

> The perfect modern MG: a Miata with a supercharger
>  bolted on top of the motor and an MG badge stuck on the hood.
>
>  Neutral handling, responsive steering, enough power to steer with the gas.
>
>  Why do they have to mess with mid-engine layouts and now front-wheel
drive?!!

>  Mazda showed everyone how to make a pure sport car again. Why didn't the
> owners of the
>  MG name listen?!!

I appreciate good handling, and I realize that (other things being equal) mid-
engine design is superior in this respect. But I believe good styling is also
important to the sports car mystique. IMHO there has never been a really good
looking mid-engine car. No amount of horse power or coats of paint can make up
for the poor lines of a mid-engine body.

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
EMAIL - BOBMGT@AOL.COM
52 MGTD - under DIY restoration NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB   - AMGBA #96-12029, NAMGBR #7-3336