Re: melted my wiring harness

To: "Craig Brownlee" <Craig_Brownlee@ong.com>,
Subject: Re: melted my wiring harness
From: "Andrew Lundgren" <lundgren@iname.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 12:09:03 -0600
Your not the only one.  When I replaced my alternator I didn't
make sure the connections on the back were the same.  I just
plugged it in.  FRY!  It was only one wire that got toasted however.
It went from the alternator to the starter.  I put another wire in and
used some of that heavy plastic wire wrap to cover the harness
instead of tape.  (flexible tubing with a slit the length of it basically,
usually it is black and I think they even make it for the new harness.)

The other problem that started at that point was no more gas gauge.
I may have fried the sender or the gauge as well.  But that is what an
odometer is for isn't it?  :)  (The victim is a '70 B)

--
Andrew Lundgren
lundgren@iname.com