Brake Question on 1977 MGB

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Brake Question on 1977 MGB
From: "Michael Carnell" <michael.carnell@carealliance.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 98 8:37:39 -24000
Hi All,

A dangerous thing, but I am requesting opinions about a problem with my '77
MGB.  Got in it this morning to go to work and after getting about a mile,
the brake pedal went all the way to the floor.  No brakes.  Luckily there was
a turn lane to veer into.  And then I nursed it back home.

Now the question.  There is no fluid leakage anywhere.  I had that problem
about 6 months ago. Replaced a leaking rear brake cylinder and everything has
been fine.  But, like I said, absolutely no leakage anywhere in the system
this time.  Vacuum to the servo seems fine - plus it is not a loss of power
to the system, we are talking no brakes at all.

My mind now says the interior of the master cylinder is shot.  And, that I
probably need a new one - rebuilds never seem to last long for me. Lots of
money...

Am I right?  Am I off track?  Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Michael Carnell - Whos MG and home computer are now both dead!
MG Sport Sedan Site - http://www.palmettobug.com/mg1100