It's Blue!

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: It's Blue!
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 23:02:06 -0400
Well, as you may recall, about a month ago I posted that
after a short but intense resto on my 1970 MGB I had just
finish painting it with a fresh new coat of white paint.

  Well, as of today, I just finished coating it with
a beautiful fresh coat of blue paint.

  I don't know why, I just didn't like the white so much. The
car was white when I got it, and I liked it, so I decided
to keep it white. However, as soon as it was done, I
realized it wasn't my favourite colour.

  Rather than have this nag on me for the next few years, I
sanded it all down and made it blue. It's only a shell now
but I think I like this colour a lot. It's 1997 Dodge
Neon intense blue.  The paint is both metallic and pearl, nothing
vintage about this colour, apologies to the purists.

  I hope I like this colour, it gets expensive to paint your
car and use it for a week then start sanding again. I honestly
did about 20 miles as a "white car".

  I'll have images on the web site in a few weeks. Apologies
to those with white Bs if I have seemingly put them down. I
liked OTHER white Bs so that is why I kept mine white, I
just didn't like the result.

  Oh well, live and learn. I got twice the practice at
spraying though, which is nice because the whole point of
fixing my B was to practice for my TRUE project, my
58 ZB Magnette. Coming soon to a garage near me.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca