Wings and Wheels

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, autox.team.net.mgs@B-LEADS1
Subject: Wings and Wheels
From: William Eastman <william.eastman@medtronic.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 20:02:44 -0500
The Classic Motorbooks car show was pretty good again this year.  Last year
our local MG club won for having the most cars there so we were back in
force to uphold our honor!  This year the weather was wonderful and som
many cars showed that they closed the show field at 10:30 in the morning.

The highlight of the show was when the T club all came in together.  Club
member Roger K had his beautiful black MGA there so I parked mine next to
it to make it look even better.  It must have worked since Roger's car was
chosen as a finalist in the British car competition.

Neatest cars included a Twin Cam A that needed restoration and was for
sale.  There was a genuine FIA 289 Cobra, a Lambo Miura, and many Lotus
owners comparing their last mechanical catastrophe.  The star of the show,
to me at least, was a genuine Mercedes 300 SLR that had raced 4 times in
the Carrera Panamerica.  The owner still races the car.  It is neat to see
true pieces of history still out there stretching their legs.

As far as books go, I scored a copy of David Knowles' MG, The Untold Story;
MG Sports Cars by Malcolm Green; MG, A Pictoral History, be John Tipler,
and several other non-MG books all for half price.

On the way home I also found a wonderfully curvy and deserted road in
Eastern Wisconsin to enliven the drive home.  All in all a good time.

Regards,
Bill Eastman
61 MGA 4,000 plus miles so far this summer!

PS:  I am typing and sending a bunch of stuff from home so if this is the
third message in a row from me, it is because of the way they are
downloaded into the system.  I am not trying to take over the list