Re: MGA, refurbished all hydraulics - good report

To: Andrew Errington <ame@synaptics.com>
Subject: Re: MGA, refurbished all hydraulics - good report
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.bc.ca>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 20:48:24 -0700
Word on the street is that Andrew Errington said:
> Without wishing to reopen old wounds: Silicon fluid is BAD.  Who cares if it
> doesn't strip paint?  I won't go over the reasons it is bad (again), suffice
> it to say that the stuff for the job is Castrol LMA.

Would you mind qualifying that statement with some reasons?  I know there
are several people on the list using DOT5, and are quite happy with it.

Please note my post was qualified with "if the system is being rebuilt"
ie flushed, new rubber bits, etc.

Curious,
Skye

--
1966 MGB               GHN3L-70307                __,__\__
The MGB Experience     http://www.mgb.bc.ca/     (_o____o_)