Re: MGB Exhaust?

Subject: Re: MGB Exhaust?
From: Steve Bettencourt <steveb5815@edgenet.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 16:19:44 -0500
I'm with Mike on this one. You don't need that extra ballast. I am using
the stainless Falcon big bore exhaust that comes with the rear muffler
only. It is really a lot quieter than my buddy's ANSA system. He complains
that the noise gets to him after a long highway run. Mine is quiet enough
to be very tollerable even after a 4 hour run at 65mph (1 gas stop of course).

At 02:30 PM 9/21/98 -0400, "Mike Lishego" <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu> wrote:
>A fellow on the autox list claims that 5 or 6 hp can be gained on a 'B if
>you have K&N filters and remove the front muffler.  I think folks on this
>list have advocated removing both mufflers in favor of a glasspack.  I don't
>think you have anything to worry about - if nothing else, the front muffler
>is a little more weight!
>
>Michael S. Lishego
>http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/3706/
>

>>On Mon, 21 Sep 1998 11:06:28 EDT, MYLDN@aol.com wrote:
>>
>>>How important is it to run both a front and rear muffler on an MGB and
>why???
>>>seems to my pea sized brain that it makes it more restictive. why could
>you
>>>not run just a rear muffler like on the MGA?
>>>Input Please............
>>

>>My '70B doesn't have either.  The PO at some point pulled them both off and
>replaced
>>the rear muffler with glass packs.  The car is not quite anymore.  As I
>have never driven
>>another B, I don't know what sort of performance issues this causes.
>>

>>--
>>Andrew Lundgren
>>lundgren@iname.com

Steve Bettencourt