Re: piston rings

To: Nina Barton <ninab@scoresheet.com>
Subject: Re: piston rings
From: Art Pfenninger <ch155@freenet.buffalo.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 13:24:51 -0400 (EDT)
        I would look at the cylinder walls and if they don't have a ridge
then I would not bother with new rings. I would assume that things were
done right the first time given the condition of the pistons. On the other
hand if you do decide to go with the rings you might consider letting a
machine shop put them on. The small cost will save you from possibly
breaking one. Once the rings are on they still need to be sized to the
cylinders. All in all it's a lot of work if not needed. Just MHO.
...Art