Re: modified DGV WEber open both barrels

To: Kenneth Scott <KSCOTT@holycross.edu>
Subject: Re: modified DGV WEber open both barrels
From: "Thomas James Pokrefke, III" <pokrefke@hubserv.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 10:09:20 -0400
Kenneth Scott wrote:
> I fail to see the need for this at all.  In the SU instance, aren't the front
>two cylinders fed by the front carb and the rear two by the back.

Yes, they are.

>These would have to be in synch.

And they are.

>The Weber, which I use in my 1977 MGB in place of the single Zenith , feeds
>all 4 cylinders from the output of the two throats.  When you are going along
>at relatively low demand only the primary is open.  When you stomp on it the
>secondary opens because you need more air.  I cannot see where linking the
>primary and sec

I believe the essence of Paul's original letter was that he was looking
for more spunk throughout the rev range, not just at near-wide-open
throttle conditions.  Synchronizing the barrels on the DGV might
accomplish this.

Thomas James Pokrefke, III
pokrefke@hubserv.com
1970 MGB
--

'I lit out from Reno, I was trailed by 20 hounds
 Didn't get no sleep last night 'till the morning cam around.'