Re: Painful Scratch

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, "Rick Brown" <mgrick@ptd.net>
Subject: Re: Painful Scratch
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 20:01:13 -0500
Ouch, well, kids are very impressionable. If you cursed, yelled, stared at
him while talking to the wife or seemed in the least upset, I guarantee he
noticed it, and may just remember that car for the rest of his life. (small
flakes of paint, carrying the Lucas virus, went into his sponge-like brain).
Hate to say it, but he is hooked.
I certainly remember the gold AMC Ambassador station-wagon that I crawled
into and released the hand-brake on, thus torquing the hinges on the door
that caught on the shrubbery that saved me from drifting onto the busy
street we lived on. I remember that horrid moment like it was yesterday, and
I was about 4-5 years old.
So...you being a Phd, Doctor-type and all, you realize that MOWOG has got
the little tyke in his evil grasp now. The disease may not manifest itself
for years. But it WILL happen. Before you know it, you'll be asked for the
keys by a young man with a license, and THEN you can discuss with him the
anguish of a scratch that was his own doing right before a show. You are
feeling fatherly now, but mark my words -- will you be feeling the same when
your little FireFighter wants the keys in 14 or 15 years? :)

>doug russell wrote:
>>
>> My 2 year old just put a 3 to 4 foot long paint stripping metal gouging
>> scratch on my C with his foot peddle fire truck.  I had the car uncovered
for
>> about 10 minutes and was getting ready to take it out of the garage to
wash
>> and clean for the trip to MD (MGs on the Rocks show) tomorrow.  The wee
lad
>> has no idea of what he has done and there is no blame to be assigned.
I'm