Re: Wheel Cleaner

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, "Carufel Family" <carufel@funtv.com>
Subject: Re: Wheel Cleaner
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 21:21:05 -0500
This may not be the best answer, but it's what I used on my 92 325iS and
still use on my 96 Tahoe (both alloy wheels). Simple Green. Spray it on, let
it set a bit, then wash off with the soapy water. I'm not one for one-use
stuff (leather cleaner is an exception). Simple Green is gentle and works
great for all sorts of things, but it really cuts through brake dust and
grease well. Overall, though, as long as you don't let the brake dust build
up and get into the "grain" of the alloy, soap and water works well too.

Dan
73 B