MGB engine dies, V6 seems likely

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: MGB engine dies, V6 seems likely
From: "Brinkmann, Gerardo V" <brinkg@uf4124p01.BheightsNJ.ncr.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 09:22:36 -0400
I too have often thought about installing a different engine in my MGB -
1940's technology only goes so far. Instead of going the V6/V8 route, I saw
a very nice conversion using a Japanese Twin-Cam engine. I think it
was a Toyota Twin-Cam from a Corolla. The advantages to this are :

- Weighs slightly less than the B engine
- The exhaust is on the same side as the B engine, so no
complex exhaust routing needed
- Fits almost perfectly in the engine compartment, don't have to mess around
with
the steering rack, rear firewall, sub-frame etc
- Can re- use Webers or SU's - manifolds are readily available
- Can use the stock radiator from the later B's
- Can use the 5-speed gearbox from the same engine
- Stock power is 120HP-145HP depending on year

The car I saw ran like stink, probably 0-60 was about 8.0 secs, and cruised
all day at above 80mph.

gerry