Re: Front Oil Seal Collar

To: "Barnhart, Christopher" <BarnhartC@ioc.army.mil>
Subject: Re: Front Oil Seal Collar
From: Rene van Maanen <renevm@support.neth.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 08:21:07 +0200
Barnhart, Christopher wrote:

> One for the collective wisdom,
>
> What is the correct way to install the inner oil seal collar on the front
> hubs -
> inner chamfer facing "in" (toward the car) or "out" ? When I pulled the
> front
> hubs off to check the wheel bearings each side was installed differently.
> I've looked a several diagrams and still can't seem to figure it out.
> Thanks.
>
> Chris
> 69 MGB

Chris,

There are numbers on the seals. The numbers have to point towards the
engine side of the hub.

Rene

--
Rene and Marion van Maanen      If everything seems to be going well,
Netherlands Europe              you obviously don't know

SOHC #252 sohc4@dorje.com     Honda CB350F ['74]
                              Honda CB750K2 ['75]
MG list mgs@autox.team.net    MGB GT ['68]