Re: MGB dead engine report

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: MGB dead engine report
From: Dave Quirt <quirt@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 20:44:02 -0600
Trevor:

If you feel like it, use a ridge reamer to get rid of the bore ridge.
Although if it is 'barely perceptable', I likely wouldn't worry about
it, especially if a V6/V8 transplant is in the planning. Also, the dead
valve could likely be just replaced and all of the valves lapped in to
give you an adequate engine for the short term.

Dave Q.

>From: Trevor Boicey
<snip>At this moment, I feel like I could slap a used head on it and new
rings and cross my fingers. Considering it's almost the end of the
season and I still have plans for a V6/V8, would be nice if it worked.

Anybody care to tell me I am crazy? Are my new rings going to smash as
soon as they hit the ridge at the top
of the bores? I'm not expecting to make a new engine with a few rings,
but I am thinking I might have a chance of getting it back to where it
was last week.<